Summer Soccer Sessions & Coaching ClassesWe have an exciting summer of camps and coach education events lined up in Central New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. Anyone interested in hosting a summer camp for their team can also contact
email@example.com or call 1.973.670.3432
The Coach's Toolbox:10 SECRETS TO COACHING SUCCESS (C/F)
Course Outline: Session Planning Tools
(2) Making sure you don’t disadvantage the younger players - How to set up your try-outs and team practice to give ALL your players the chance to succeed.
(3) Using practice time effectively - How to get the balance between technical, tactical, and fitness-based practice right at different ages.
(4) Knowing the correct sequence for skills and being able to bridge - One of the most poorly understood aspects of coaching, we will discuss how to navigate the learning of specific skills, and how to prepare players for the next skill to be learned.
(5) Selecting and adapting activities to challenge all players - Many coaches disadvantage the weaker players in their activities, or don’t challenge the better players enough. Here we present ways to challenge all players in your team.
Course Outline: Coaching Tools
(6) Warming up the mind, not just the feet - Here, we discuss the importance of getting players mentally sharp at the start of practice, with some sample activities.
(7) Knowing how much instruction is enough - How much should we talk to/instruct players at different levels of development?
(8) Knowing when to be direct and when to let players discover - There is a time and place for instruction styles at the opposite ends of the spectrum from the most direct command style to least direct discovery methods. The key is knowing when to use each instruction style.
(9) Coaching for transfer - Frustrated with players not applying what ‘they learned’ in practice to the game? We’ll discuss why this is, and show you a better way to induce ‘transfer’.
(10) Coaching using constraints - Finally, we show you how to let your activities do the coaching for you – saving your voice, and keeping your players switched on.